Marketing and Communications Associate
The Literacy Cooperative is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate. This full-time position is performed primarily in an in-office environment, with two remote days per week. The person reports to the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and the starting salary is $35,000 with flexibility for related prior experience. This position works closely with staff, board members, and volunteers to create and distribute engaging content to enhance awareness and understanding of The Literacy Cooperative’s work. Duties include keeping social media channels and website updated and brand-focused, seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences, and creating and publishing electronic newsletters, white papers, and blog posts.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages communications channels, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms with multiple accounts
- Works with staff, board members, partners, and community members to coordinate communications campaigns and social media strategies
- Writes and distributes blog posts and e-newsletters
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content for website and platforms
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on our sites, and encourages audience participation
- Assists management to promote large projects, events, and community management
- Works as part of a team to develop media campaigns
- Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Assists with administrative support including but not limited to data entry, report writing, survey collection, and information verification
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or Social Media Marketing preferred or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Proficiency using social media platforms and e-newsletter software/applications (WordPress a plus)
- Strong proofreading, grammatical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several time-sensitive projects simultaneously without sacrificing accuracy and/or quality
The Literacy Cooperative is an umbrella organization that brings foundations, organizations, and people together to find practical solutions to improve literacy. We are mobilizing Northeast Ohio resources to increase reading, math, and digital literacy, beginning at birth, so our children are performing at grade level throughout their educational journey. We are sharing our research and introducing best practices and pilots that are innovative, interactive, and effective. The Literacy Cooperative provides oversight and overall strategic coordination currently not being fulfilled by individual providers.
The Literacy Cooperative’s goal is a two-generational approach to address the literacy needs of under-educated, low-skilled parents, and their children to make sure both are prepared for employment, self-sufficiency, and life-long learning. The Literacy Cooperative does this by supporting a system of high quality, interconnected and outcomes-oriented service delivery, improving early literacy outcomes, and defining and strengthening pathways to post-secondary education and careers.
Mission: The Literacy Cooperative works to advance literacy through an effective service delivery system reflecting the highest standards in the field.
Vision: Our vision is to ensure that all children and adults in Greater Cleveland will reach their highest literacy potential for employment, self-sufficiency, and lifelong learning.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: Laureen Atkins-Holliday, email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.
The Literacy Cooperative is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints.
NEO SKILL CORPS AMERICORPS PROGRAM
HOST SITE RECRUITMENT
A Host Site is a non-profit organization that agrees to host an AmeriCorps Member at their agency for a year. Our service term for 2023-2024 begins August 28, 2023, and ends July 31st, 2024.
As a host site, you will have a dedicated member to help build capacity by providing direct service to current clients, as well as recruiting new clients. The primary focus of NEO Skill Corps is financial literacy, workforce development and training and adult education. The individual assigned to their site if full-time with serve 37 – 40 hours per week towards that goal. If half-time they will serve 20 hours per week. The member will work with their Host Site Supervisor to develop and implement a strategic recruitment plan to increase service usage at the site, design/modify and facilitate any workshops needed to upskill clients, create or maintain their database, and complete monthly performance to goal reports. The selected Member will serve there for one year (August 28th – July 31st).
HOST SITE INVESTMENT:
- FULL-TIME MEMBER – $7,500
- HALF-TIME MEMBER – $4,000
The ROI is a savings of more than $25,000 – $35,000, the cost of hiring, training and benefits for a full or half-time employee. For your investment in the AmeriCorps Member, you receive the following:
- NEO Skill Corps administers their stipend ($18,640 F and $9,320 H)
- Medical Benefits and Daycare Costs for Full-time members.
- Members also receive monthly professional development training in areas identified as beneficial to their career development and service to diverse and underserved populations.
- Site supervisors will receive quarterly training on commons issues that occur during the service year with suggestions on how to deal with those issues to enhance the experience for the both the Member and the Site Organization.
To become a Host Site Partner Organization contact Sandra Buckner, AmeriCorps/Workforce Development Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and return the Host Site Application. Applications are due April 2, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
JOIN AMERICORPS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
NEO Skill Corps is currently recruiting for full and part time Member Service positions. We NEED individuals who are service oriented and ready to rise to the challenge of addressing the financial literacy, workforce development and adult literacy crisis in Northeast Ohio.
- Bi-weekly stipend
- Education scholarships upon completion of service year
- Student loan deferment during service
- Payment of interest earned on student loans during year of service
- Professional development training
- Community networking and relationship building
Duties (include but not limited to):
- Assess client’s financial knowledge
- Instruct financial literacy curriculum
- Coach clients on limited financial matters
- Arrange guest speakers from financial industry and local businesses
- Data entry
- Facilitate adult education and workplace services workshops
- Provide contextualized learning materials
- Conduct pre and post instruction assessments
- Track client workforce goals and achievements
- A minimum two year college from accredited college, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Public speaking experience
- Experience working with adults with diverse backgrounds preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while meeting program objectives
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Sandra Buckner, Program Manager at email@example.com
Careers in Literacy
If you are a literacy provider and would like to advertise an opening, you may place a free job announcement here by following these guidelines:
Employment ads should be limited to 40 words or less. Please include: agency name; job title; brief job description; required qualifications; how to apply and contact information, including full name of contact person. Job announcements would be listed for a one month period. If you are interested in posting your ad on our website, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call The Literacy Cooperative at 216.776.6180.