Information for Imagination Library Partners
Please remember to enroll only children age 4 ½ years old and younger (due to processing delays and last book arriving on their 5th birthday)! We need: child’s name, date of birth, address, parent name & signature, and ideally, both email & phone number (all legible please). Questions? Please call or email Joan Spoerl at 216-776-6186 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online enrollment also available at www.ohioimaginationlibrary.com
The Literacy Cooperative manages the program and accepts enrollment forms for residents of Cuyahoga County and Wickliffe.
How to Become an Imagination Library Enrollment Partner
- Identify an Imagination Library Champion for your site
- Connect with Director of Imagination Library, Joan Spoerl:
- Encourage parents to complete a registration form upon receiving it onsite & turn back to staff immediately upon completion; we find it’s best if they do this onsite vs. sending the form home and hoping it returns
- Collect and review forms for completeness, legibility, and eligibility (child’s name, date of birth, parent name and address, parent initial or signature, phone number, and if possible, email address)!
- Ideally, IL Champion mails forms by the 15th of the month to ensure children are entered into the system for the following month’s processing. If you would like mailing labels provided by The Literacy Cooperative, please request them from your Imagination Library contact listed below. Mailing address:
c/o The Literacy Cooperative
1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 248
Cleveland OH 44115
Imagination Library Online Enrollment Instructions for Partner Organizations
Note: The family needs to consent to enrollment with your assistance and have an email address for online enrollment. If they don’t have one, then we recommend you fill out a paper form for them (again, with their permission) and initial it on the signature line if you’re collecting the information and permission over the phone. You can mail in the paper forms as usual to: Imagination Library c/o The Literacy Cooperative 1422 Euclid Avenue, Suite 248 Cleveland, OH 44115.
Online enrollment steps:
- Go to ohioimaginationlibrary.org
- Click on “enroll.”
- If family is willing, sign up for communications from OGIL and fill in requested information. Otherwise, scroll down and click on “click here to continue directly to enrollment.”
- Check “agree to terms of service.”
Now actual enrollment process begins as you go to the following sections.
- Click “check availability” and fill in the pertinent information.
- Click “check eligibility” and fill in the pertinent information.
This should complete the process with a confirmation message that will either reference the Heights Family Foundation or The Literacy Cooperative, depending upon where the child lives.
- Within the next few minutes, the family will receive an email with their account information which will allow them to login and check their child’s registration status.
- Once the child’s registration application has been reviewed, the family will be notified via email informing them if their child has been approved or if perhaps their application was denied (along with a reason for denial).
- If the family receives a notification informing them that the child’s registration has been approved, please allow up to 90 days to begin receiving books.
Dream More, Learn More, Care More, Be More!