NEO SKILL CORPS AMERICORPS PROGRAM
HOST SITE RECRUITMENT
A Host Site is a non-profit organization that agrees to host an AmeriCorps Member at their agency for a year. Our service term for 2023-2024 begins August 28, 2023, and ends July 31st, 2024.
As a host site, you will have a dedicated member to help build capacity by providing direct service to current clients, as well as recruiting new clients. The primary focus of NEO Skill Corps is financial literacy, workforce development and training and adult education. The individual assigned to their site if full-time with serve 37 – 40 hours per week towards that goal. If half-time they will serve 20 hours per week. The member will work with their Host Site Supervisor to develop and implement a strategic recruitment plan to increase service usage at the site, design/modify and facilitate any workshops needed to upskill clients, create or maintain their database, and complete monthly performance to goal reports. The selected Member will serve there for one year (August 28th – July 31st).
HOST SITE INVESTMENT:
- FULL-TIME MEMBER – $7,500
- HALF-TIME MEMBER – $4,000
The ROI is a savings of more than $25,000 – $35,000, the cost of hiring, training and benefits for a full or half-time employee. For your investment in the AmeriCorps Member, you receive the following:
- NEO Skill Corps administers their stipend ($18,640 F and $9,320 H)
- Medical Benefits and Daycare Costs for Full-time members.
- Members also receive monthly professional development training in areas identified as beneficial to their career development and service to diverse and underserved populations.
- Site supervisors will receive quarterly training on commons issues that occur during the service year with suggestions on how to deal with those issues to enhance the experience for the both the Member and the Site Organization.
To become a Host Site Partner Organization contact Sandra Buckner, AmeriCorps/Workforce Development Program Manager at email@example.com or complete and return the Host Site Application. Applications are due April 2, 2023 at 5:00 pm.