Part One of The Literacy Cooperative’s 2Gen Summit
2Gen Summit – April 29th, 2020
Moderated by Leslie Perkul, President & CEO – William J. and Dorothy K. O’Neill Foundation.
Many of our panelists provided information about their services. We have compiled the information below for you to use as sources for referrals.
Family Partners: Adrienne Mundorf, Senior Program Director – Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
Partners – Cleveland Central Promise Neighborhood, Family Connections, Ohio Guidestone
- To get involved with the broader work in the Central Neighborhood: https://www.clevelandpromiseneighborhood.org/
- For families interested in getting engaged in the Family Partners work: https://familyconnections1.org/
- Here’s a great resource for families for the family protective factors: https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandPromiseNeighborhood/
- YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtV9PEuc0Rig2_nx-Jg0P5A
2Gen Family Bridge to Workforce Services: Staci Wampler, Director of Industry Partnerships – Towards Employment
Partners – Invest in Children, The Literacy Cooperative, John Dewey Elementary, Murtis Taylor Human Services System
- Connect with Towards Employment services through www.towardsemployment.org or 216-696-5750
Family and Community Engagement Programs: Aysha Wilburn, Director of 2Gen Strategy – The Centers for Families and Children
- Learn more at https://thecentersohio.org/services/family-support/ and https://thecentersohio.org/services/training-and-job-search/
Uniting Families with Education: Dr. Victoria Berry, Program Manager, Adult Diploma Program – Cuyahoga Community College
- Learn more at www.tri-c.edu/adp
Participant Voice: Lila Mills, Communications Manager — Neighborhood Connections
- Neighbor Up Community of Practice event: https://www.facebook.com/events/220221529305301/
- Marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/events/931884910580707/
- Slide show from presentation linked here
In the coming months, our 2Gen Committee members will begin Family-Centered Coaching training, which is a set of strategies, tools, and resources that help human service organizations reinvent how they engage with families that are experiencing poverty. Rooted in an understanding of the institutional forces that prevent families from moving forward, Family-Centered Coaching equips staff with the mindset, tools, and skills to work with families holistically towards financial wellness. This is a six-month training process and we will highlight the outcomes of the training at next year’s summit.
In the next few weeks, we will announce the date and time of the second half of this year’s 2Gen Literacy Summit. Please look for the registration link soon! In the meantime, please enjoy recordings of the event and breakout rooms.
Break out rooms:
- Case Study with Dr. Carmine Stewart
- Case Study with Christine Lee
- Case Study with Grace Heffernan
- Case Study with Aysha Wilburn